Fixing Capitalism

Adam Cormier was an activist filmmaker based in Vancouver. His initial project, Fixing Capitalism, started out as a film about progressive and sustainable business. This blog was set up to follow Adam's struggle as he fought to get his film made and keep his dreams alive. For a whole bunch of reasons, the film failed to see production. This blog is now about the lessons Adam learned while failing as a filmmaker, his continued creative efforts, and whatever else comes to mind

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Doc Talk!

Hi

The next three days has me attending Doc Talk here in Vancouver (www.doc-talk.ca) where I'll be meeting lots of film makers, editors, and broadcasters, etc. Basically lots of people who have access to funding and can make deals. I spent the past few days working on my '1-sheet' which is a double sided document that explains how wonderful Fixing Capitalism is. I'll be handing it out to Broadcasters as I look for development funding from them.

I should also mention that I'm looking for two more partners to help me make this film. I'm looking for...

1. A talented writer/director to help me find the story and then tell the story.

2. A executive producer to be my partner and mentor, teaching me the ropes of the film biz.

This is film is NOT a one person show. Many wonderful people have helped me get to this stage (thank-you to my team thus far: Mike, Levon, Dai, Karen, Lisa, and Betsy) and it will take many more talented film makers to bring this project to fruition. It's been a team effort and will continue to be one.

Eventually, when you click on 'Film Makers Blog' on the main website page you'll be given a choice of blogs to read.

So, I'm all cleaned up, the 1-sheet is ready, I'm off to Doc Talk to find some partners and a broadcaster!

Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes.

Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home